What Type of Flooring to Use
It is a hard task to pick up a new flooring for the house, there are so many varieties to choose from and every variety has a range of options to go along with it.
Depending on the room, you have diverse options to choose from.
Most popular flooring materials:
- Hardwood flooring
- Laminate flooring
- Bamboo flooring
- Vinyl flooring
- Cork flooring
- Ceramic tile flooring
Here are some guidelines on the most popular types of flooring materials:
• Hardwood – The traditional favorite, hardwood floors, are durable, warm and feel natural. It has always been popular and is the favored choice for a majority of homeowners today. The hardwood floor comes with a lot of styles such as plank, parquet, and prefinished boards that are very easy to install.
Related Post: Types of wood for hardwood floors
• Laminate – Laminate flooring is the most favorable by customers because is easier to install than the hardwood and it’s also less expensive. The reason we call it laminate flooring because they are composed of different wood-based materials that are composed of layers and laminations covered with wood grain.
• Bamboo – Like other floorings, bamboo flooring is not made up of the tree wood that the reason they are lightweight. These floorings are prefinished and Engineered with tongue and groove joints. Just like standard flooring.
• Vinyl Flooring – Vinyl flooring is often used because it is tough, water-proof, resilient, feels good to walk on and is inexpensive. It’s a good affordable option for many people and vinyl plank flooring can mimic real wood and tile.
• Cork – Unlike other woods, cork is a green flooring alternative. The main reason you’d like the cork wood is that of the cushiony structure and soft feel you get on your feet. The tiles have a natural, non-slip surface that makes cork ideal for wet areas like kitchens or bathrooms.
Related Post: Engineered Hardwood Flooring vs Solid Hardwood Flooring
• Ceramic Tile – Ceramic tile flooring comes in an enormous array of colors and styles — it’s a designer’s favorite medium. Glazed ceramic tile flooring is durable, impervious to moisture and resists stains and scratches.
• Linoleum – Linoleum is considered as an eco-friendly only because it is made up of natural materials. This type of flooring is scratch free and water resistant and easy to clean.
• Carpeting – Carpet not only feels soft, but it also gives a soft look to a room. It is quiet to walk on and prevents echoing throughout a home. Carpet is quick and simple to install and can go over uneven subfloors.
By considering these guidelines you will be able to choose the right flooring option for your house.
Art Z is one of the most trusted installers of hardwood floors in the Chicago area.
Contact Art Z to learn more about our available hardwood flooring options and installation services.