Laminate Flooring Installation Geneva, IL
Laminate flooring is an extremely reliable flooring option that can mimic the look of stone, wood, or ceramic floors at a very affordable price. This flooring type consists of multiple layers of synthetic flooring products that are fused together through the process of lamination. Art Z Flooring and Decorating, a top provider of flooring installation services to the Chicago area, provides and installs many styles of laminate flooring. We will help our clients choose a style of laminate flooring that works with their home and manage the entire installation process.
Types of Laminate Flooring
There are many styles of laminate flooring available as it can be made to mimic the look and feel of natural hardwood, ceramic, or stone such as marble or travertine. The styles of wood and stone laminate flooring are seemingly endless and our professionals can help you choose a style that best matches the décor of your home. One of the benefits of laminate flooring is its durability which is due in part to its four layer construction consisting of the following layers:
- Back Layer: For support and stability, may have moisture resistant elements.
- Core Layer: High-density fiberboard with resins infused for strength and impact resistance.
- Decorative Layer: The visible layer that creates the look of wood, stone, or tile.
- Wear Layer: The clear, outer protective layer that absorbs impacts and resists stains.
Laminate floors consist of planks, squares, or tiles that lock together with a tongue and groove configuration. Some laminate floors may require a type of glue or adhesive for assembly but most types do not. All laminate flooring types do, however, require an underlayment so that it floats above the subfloor and some types come with an underlayment attached. This floating method does not attach the laminate floor to the subfloor, the flooring is held in place by molding.
Benefits and Maintenance of Laminate Floors
There are many benefits to installing a laminate floor in your home that include the following:
- Very affordable flooring option with the look of natural wood or stone.
- Strong, durable, and water resistant; also scratch resistant.
- Resistant to stains and sun fading.
- Can be installed anywhere within a home, not sensitive to seasonal change.
- Easy to maintain.
Laminate Floor Care
One of the biggest benefits of laminate flooring is that it is very easy to maintain and with the proper maintenance, they will maintain their look for quite some time. The following are effective maintenance tips for all types of laminate floors:
- Regularly sweep or vacuum the floor and mop once or twice a year.
- Clean up all spills immediately with a damp washcloth.
- Put protective pads under all furniture legs.
- Put doormats near all entrances to help keep dirt, dust, and other debris from getting tracked inside.
- Do not use soap based detergents, abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or scouring cleaners.M
- Do not polish, sand, wax, or lacquer the floor.
Laminate Flooring Installation
Laminate flooring is one of the easiest flooring types for DIY installation but it is still generally recommended to have a flooring professional such as Art Z Flooring handle the installation. Our professionals are highly trained to install laminate flooring as well as the molding, glue backing, and underlayment if required. We begin our installation services by helping our clients decide on a flooring type that best suits their home and budget and then manage every step of the installation process.
Zaneta has art background, finishing Fine Art Academy in Krakow,Poland, with Master Degree in Art and Design.
We have successfully combined our skills and experience to build strong and professional business over the years.
Whenever you are remodeling or building your custom home, our flooring, decorating, and painting services can provide elegant charm and enhance your home décor.
|Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have.
Flooring and Bathrooms: Art - (630) 677 1371
Decorating: Zaneta - (630) 918 9176
We look forward doing business with you.